Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort Bed Base Review
It use to be that adjustable beds were only found in hospitals, convalescent homes and were reserved for those recovering from an illness or had some other medical condition where movement was limited.
Not anymore! When the health and comfort benefits of adjustable beds were realized, they made the transition into our everyday lives and are now a fixture in many homes.
Why do People Prefer Adjustable Beds?
There are three answers to that question, Health, Comfort and Convenience.
Health – Doctors have used adjustable beds for years for patients recovering from surgery or those with wounds. By adjusting the heights of the feet and leg or the upper torso, you can increase blood flow to the affected area thereby speeding up the healing process.
It was also well known that adjustable beds could help people with circulatory issues, chronic pain from arthritis, joint, back and neck injuries. Being able to adjust the bed meant that you could relieve the pressure off of those areas that were causing you pain.
Being able to adjust the bed and avoid pain meant that people slept longer, deeper and woke up more fully rested. This not only had the effect of improving mood and alertness, but often times getting the proper sleep actually decreased the chronic pain they felt during the day.
It was also noted that adjustable beds could be helpful in the treatment of snoring, GERD, acid reflux and a host of other sleep issues.
Even those without health or pain issues found that having an adjustable bed was a much more comfortable way to rest and sleep, especially if you are one of those people who are on their feet all day. Being able to adjust the bed so that you legs and feet are elevated is a big relief after a long day.
Adjustable beds can also be used in the “zero gravity” position for a more comfortable, better nights sleep. The zero gravity position is when both the feet and upper body are elevated slightly. This position creates the least amount of pressure to any one area of the body. In the zero gravity position you are less likely to toss and turn at night giving you a deeper more restful sleep.
Convenient – One of the more motivating factors for people to get an adjustable bed is it’s convenience. Watching TV in bed is much more comfortable and reduces strain on the neck as apposed to bunching up pillows under your head. It also makes it much easier to do things like eat, read or use a laptop while in bed.
Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort Bed Base Review
This particular bed, the classic brands adjustable comfort bed base is considered to be a mid-range adjustable bed. It is a well built, sturdy bed at a very reasonable price.
- Sizes – From Twin XL to King
- Dimensions – Twin XL – 38″ W x 79″ L x 15″ H, Full sized – 53″ W x 74″ L x 15″ H, Queen – 59″ W x 79″ L x 15″ H, King – 79.5″ W x 75.5″ L x 15″ H, Split King – 38″ W x 79″ L x 15″ H – 2 Split Bases needed for King Mattress
- Max weight limit 350 lbs.
- Power Lift capacity of 325 lbs.
- Price – The adjustable base runs form $456 for the Twin XL to $885 for the Split King*
- Weight – Twin – XL 109 lbs. Full – 128 lbs. Queen – 137 lbs. King – 171 lbs. Split King – 206 lbs.
*Note – All prices are for the adjustable frame only. Additional options are available for headboards and complete bed sets.
- Wireless Remote with zero gravity preset
- 2 USB ports for charging phones, I pads, etc…
- Multi-position head and foot elevation
- Can be used alone or fits most bed frames
- Easily assembled in home
- Head and foot massage feature
- No tools needed for assembly
The classic brands adjustable comfort bed base comes with a 3 year limited warranty (parts only)
- Price – This is one of the more affordable adjustable beds on the market today.
- Zero gravity preset – A single push of a button gets you to zero gravity.
- Light weight – for an adjustable bed
- Most customers have given the classic brands adjustable comfort bed base positive reviews.
- Free shipping
- Wireless remote doesn’t come with the ability to program in your favorite positions, assuming you return the bed to the flat position everyday, you ‘ll have to manually adjust the bed back to your sleeping position.
- Relatively low weight capacity. Larger or heavier people might want to consider a bed with more weight capacity to avoid running into motor problems.
- The Split King is the only size that allows for independent adjustments for you and your partner. All other sizes are one unit so that both you and your partner need to agree on the position of the bed.
Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort Bed Base Review Conclusion
The classic brands adjustable comfort bed base is a good option for those who want an adjustable bed but are on a budget. I also have no problem recommending this bed to people who sleep alone or in a Twin or Full sized bed. If however you sleep with a partner, I highly recommend the Split King. The Split King allows for each of you to adjust your side according to your individual comfort. One of you can read or watch TV in a raised position while the other can be asleep in the zero gravity position.
For more information and reviews of the classic brand adjustable comfort bed base click on our Amazon link.
As always, we hope you found this post both informative and entertaining. If you did, may we ask that you share it with friends and family on social media. I really helps us a lot and is greatly appreciated.